Procedures and Information for Gump Station Operations during Covid-19 pandemic
All users should review the following plan that implements the Berkeley Natural Reserves and Field Stations COVID-19 Field Station Policy for Gump Station. All users must agree to comply with the policies and procedures within:
- COVID-19 Field Station Policy Implementation Plan: Gump Station v2 (7 May 2021)
Review the latest travel instructions from French Polynesia here:
- Visitor’s entry and stay conditions for French Polynesia (in English)
- COVID-19 Travel Information for The Islands of Tahiti (in English)
Important: registration on French Polynesia's Electronic Travel Information Systems ETIS.pf must be processed at least 6 days prior to departure in order to obtain authorization to travel.
As of May 1, 2021: Click your country of departure for guidelines:
- Departure from United States to French Polynesia (travelers residing in USA at least 30 days prior to departure)
- Departure from France and other countries to French Polynesia
Review the latest travel notices from U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- CDC COVID-19 - French Polynesia (in English)
Other Useful Links
- French Polynesia Health Department information for Covid-19 (in French)
- High Commission of France (in French)
- Tahiti Tourism (in English)
- Air Tahiti Nui (in English)
- COVID-19 testing options on Tahiti and Moorea for travelers that are required to take a test prior to departure (in English)
Moorea Lab Testing (as of January 2021; see website for updates)
- Address: PK 3.5 Mountain-side in Tiaia, Maherepa
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Closed on Sundays
- It is recommended to make an appointment as early as possible by phone at 40 55 05 85. The results are available the same afternoon and accessible remotely via a secure server. Each patient will be given an identifier to download their results.
- The cost for an RT-PCR test is 16,074 xpf per person (approx. $160).
- Antigenic tests are not available.