All housing options have access to kitchen facilities. A full catering service is available for groups on request.
- Rats, mice, ants, and roaches are a problem if cooking areas and other places with food are not kept scrupulously clean. Please clean all surfaces and put all food away (including unpeeled fruit). Put trash out every night in a closed bag in the large trash bins in the unit behind the Research Building and be sure to close the door (so dogs do not pull over the bins).
- The stoves use propane from small tanks. If the propane runs out, change the tank and make sure that the empty tank gets exchanged for a full one.
- At the end of your stay please clean out your food from the shelves and fridges.
There is recycling on Moorea. The island appreciates your compliance with the recycling instructions posted in the kitchen and on the green trash containers.
The green trash containers are for the following recyclable items (clean and empty containers only):
- Cardboard boxes and packaging
- Plastic bottles with caps
- Metal cans
- Aluminum soda cans
Recyclables are collected regularly. Items do not need to be sorted - everything on the above list should be cleaned and placed into the green bin "bac vert". Do not put your recyclables into plastic bags. There is a large green recycling receptacle next to Supermarket Are in Paopao for glass bottles and battery recycling bin inside Are and other supermarkets. Car batteries and oil can be recycled at the Mobil station.